San Ramon Costa Rica Real Estate as an Investment
In these strange economic times, many Americans are choosing to retire overseas in countries where their dollar will go further. According to the US Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, approximately 7.6 million US citizens live abroad – many of these are retirees. Why not choose San Ramon Costa Rica Real Estate as an investment for your financial portfolio?
Reasons To Consider San Ramon Costa Rica Real Estate As An Investment
- Central America is a popular retirement destination, but Costa Rica might easily be the most sought-after country because of its political stability, safety, affordability, and great weather.
- Costa Rican law allows tourists to purchase real estate and many North Americans, Europeans, and Canadians are buying San Ramon Costa Rica real estate as an investment or with the idea of someday retiring in Costa Rica.
- The quality of life that Costa Rica offers for much less than one would spend in the United States is very appealing.
- The popular town of San Ramon Costa Rica in the Central Valley is popular among expats living in Costa Rica because of its year-round, spring like weather as well as its closeness to the capital city of San Jose’s modern conveniences.
- Many expats living in Costa Rica say that they live as they always wanted to and still spend 30 percent less than their US budget.
Investment Creates Residency
Expats living in Costa Rica and their immediate family (spouse, parents and children) can apply for residency if the applicant has investments worth more than USD $200,000 in Costa Rica. Residential properties, land, and commercial properties qualify for the investment residency catagory and make purchasing a property even more desirable when it covers two areas of life. Other types of investment include concentrations in things such as tourism, reforestation, or shares in an active domestic corporation (SRL). Foreign investors who qualify for residency are given a temporary residency. To qualify, applicants must prove that the amount they have already invested (not the current value) equals or exceeds $200,000. For example, if using San Ramon Costa Rica real estate as the basis for investment residency (inversionista), the property must be registered in its respective municipality with a value of at least $200, 000.
San Ramon Costa Rica Real Estate Options
Purchasing Costa Rica real estate allows you the option of putting the property in the name of the investor personally, or under the name of a Costa Rican corporation (SRL). If you choose the corporation route, a law firm just has to prove that you as the investor own the qualifying shares of the corporation that holds title to the properly valued property.
The property does not simply need to be an investment property that is solely a rental, the property being used as an investment specifically for residency can be your primary home that helps to facilitate your investment immigration status.
Several different options can apply to the qualifying of investment residency (inversionista):
- Raw land with a registered value of over $200,000.00
- An apartment or condo with units that add up to a minimum total registered value of $200,000.00
- An existing home with a registered valued at more than $200,000.00
- Land that you purchase and build on for a final registered value of over $200,000.00
Access To Affordable Health Care
Purchasing San Ramon Costa Rica real estate as an investment also allows you to participate in one of the biggest advantages for expats living in Costa Rica with legal residency; having access to high-quality, government healthcare. Caja (Costarricense de Seguro Social) is ranked number one in Latin America and in the top 20 worldwide. Health care in Costa Rica is so affordable and of a high-enough quality that ‘medical vacations’ to Costa Rica are becoming popular due to the fact that private doctor’s office visits and procedures are a fraction of the cost. Many an expat living in Costa Rica finds that the change in lifestyle also allows them to regain their health and reduce their medications.
Desirable Costa Rica
It is easy to see why Costa Rica is so desirable. There is enough of the exotic, lush jungles, pristine beaches, wildlife, right alongside of the familiar like malls, coffee shops, pizza places, and movie theaters to lure almost any expat when the movies have Spanish subtitles and English audio! Add Costa Rican hospitality, their tendency to put family first, and their simplicity of life to the mix and its attractiveness grows. Costa Rica provides a slower pace of life which is desirable to many looking to enjoy their life more abundantly. Buying fresh produce from the weekly farmer’s markets is just one of the many attractive opportunities available in Costa Rica.
Quality Of Life
Come and visit to see that your standard of living and quality of life can be the same as, if not better than in the United States, Europe or Canada.
For more information about living with the uniquely Costa Rican “pura vida” attitude of living simply, relaxed and fulfilled, how to relocate or to learn more about Costa Rican Real Estate, be sure to contact Tim.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 8755-6743 Costa Rica | 509-570-1928 US
Whether you’re already established in Costa Rica, or ready to visit to investigate the possibility of purchasing a property in Costa Rica, contact us at Why Not Costa Rica to help you find your dream property. As a realtor with over 20 years of experience in the United States with both residential and commercial properties as well as in personal investment opportunities, I look forward to working with you to help you to find the best price for your property.